Wednesday, July 7, 2010




Well Guys, This Summer Season has been going on for a month and 7 days - and so far no fish for points. Will submitted a 7 1/2 inch Rio (see photo) and I recently fished Bayou St. John and am submitting a 9 inch Rio (see photo). It must be the oil, or the heat, or other things going on. If you have caught a fish for points let me know I'll post it. We are going with length instead of weight for big fish this season, I recommend one of those Home Depot yard sticks - they are easy to see in photos and only cost 59 cents. I am thinking about a Rio tourney forAugust/September, what do ya'll think?
Last year the winning Rio in the NOFF Tourney was 9 1/2 inches, so there are bigger ones out there; and I threw this one back - so he may be bigger now. Ryan and I are going out Monday Morning in Bayou St. John if anyone would like to join us.

2 comments:

  1. Here Fishy Fishy Fishy. Nice Fish Brian. Did you catch him out the Canoe? Trolling for Rio's sounds like the ticket for the big boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will, Yeah I caught him in Bayou St. John on a Beetle Spin. I launched just north of Harrison and fished the back side of the island near some big beautiful houses. 5 Bluegill a bass, and this Rio - All released. Ryan and I are going back Monday Morning if you are available.

    ReplyDelete